If you’ve bought a new house, and therefore planning to move in, it’s high time you should take care of many other things that will come in useful in your day to day lives. Moving to a new house means buying some new furniture, appliances, utilities, etc. It’s not at all recommended to go and spend a hefty amount of money on things that are necessarily not needed. Only the most useful things should be bought first. Following are some checklists prepared for you, so that your shopping goes smoothly.
The Shopping List For A New Home
- Utilities : The first thing you should always shop for, are the utilities. Things like batteries, toilet paper, trash bags, light bulbs, and even basic tools. Going for new locks and even safes for storing your precious jewellery and cash will be a good decision. These things are utmost necessary in everyday life.
- Smart Technology : Going for devices like routers and modems, if you’re planning to have broadband in your new home, will be a nice touch. Apart from that, surge protectors, extension cords and even personal assistants, like Google Home or Amazon Echo, will be great.
- Kitchen And Cooking Utilities : Next comes the kitchen utilities, like knives, bowls, plates, glasses, mugs, etc. are very much important to have in your kitchen. Cooking utilities include – cutting boards, utensils, pots and pans, etc. These are the things you’ll be needing in your daily life to cook food.
- Appliances : When it comes to appliances, a refrigerator is a must. Apart from that, electric pressure cookers – as this is an ideal cooking appliance. Then there’s microwave oven, blender, coffee maker, toaster, etc. to invest in. Coming to the living room, you will need a television, some speakers, setup boxes for cable and streaming services.
- Lighting And Furniture : Lighting is very much important in a new house. Investing in LED lights as they consume very low energy, would be a great move. For example, like the Philips Hue range – where you can easily control the colours of the bulb and the intensity as well, via your smartphone. Furniture includes coffee tables, couch, armchairs, bookshelves, TV stands, etc.
- Bedroom Essentials : Coming to the bedroom, you need plenty of beds for your family, along with quality mattresses. It also includes pillows, alarm clocks, bed sheets, wardrobes, closets, dressing tables, curtains, etc.
- Bathroom Essentials : When it comes to the bathroom, you need shower curtains, bath mats, toilet brushes, toilet papers, air fresheners, tissues, towels, toothpaste and toothbrushes, etc.
Apart from these essentials, one should also invest in home vacuum cleaners, irons along with ironing board, detergents, stove cleaners, brooms and dust cleaners, etc.